The sugar high of a lifetime is waiting for you at this year’s Clewiston Sugar Festival. This festival was modeled after the U.S Sugar Corporation’s end-of-harvest celebration. It was a way to express gratitude and celebrate successful crops.
How It All Started
In April, when the last truckload of cane was processed, the sugar grinding mill was cleaned and tables were set up for a BBQ. Families and workers gathered, and a formal dance was conducted that night in the company-owned Sugarland Auditorium.
Lastly, locals vote for their king and queen of sugar in the miss sugar pageant. Members of the Clewiston Merchant Association proposed the idea to keep these events city-wide in 1986. This event would display the town and give thanks to the sugar industry, which serves as their economic foundation.
Clewiston Sugar Fest Now
This city’s rich heritage of sugarcane cultivation has a great calendar of events
- Food Sellers
- Cane grinding exhibitions
- An antique tractor display that was during harvesting.
Once you’ve had your sugar high, you’ll be able to expend your energy on gator wrestling and enjoy some amazing live music. Due to the success of previous events, the activities calendar has grown to include much more.
- A rodeo to honor our town’s cowboy heritage
- Bass competition to highlight our natural beauty known as Lake Okeechobee
- Seminole Heritage Day at the Clewiston Museum, which highlights on our community’s neighbors and collaborators, the Seminoles.
This festival will also feature some prominent guests as well.
- Keaton Ashton is the champion baker of Season 9’s Food Network “Kids Baking”. He will put his abilities to work LIVE and build a one-of-a-kind cake presentation. Paying homage to the official festival poster for 2022. Carissa DaSilva, Mizner Country Club’s Executive Pastry Chef, will serve as sous chef with Keaton.
- Sawyer Brown is a country music band that was formed in 1981. This band has more than fifty hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts in the United States. Including chart toppers “Thank God For You,” “Some Girls Do,” “Step That Step,” and more.
- Niko Moon an American country pop singer and songwriter, released his debut studio album, which includes the singles “Good Time,” “Paradise to Me,” and “No More Sad Songs.” Moon’s songwriting credits include Dierks Bentley, Zac Brown Band, Rascal Flatts, and Morgan Wallen.
- Cole Swindell, the Grammy-nominated multi-Platinum artist, will perform at sugar fest only weeks before the release of his fourth album, Stereotype. “Single Saturday Night,” “You Should Be Here,” and “Break Up in the end” are among Swindell’s hits.
Sanitation Services with Doodie Calls
Doodie Calls will also be in attendance at Sugar Fest as a sponsor for portable sanitation. Doodie Calls provides more than just portable toilets. Whether your event is big or small they have just the right amount of equipment available.
- Portable toilets
- Restroom trailers
- Hand-washing stations
- Shower trailers
- Laundry trailers
Hand-washing stations and restrooms are carefully located throughout Sugar Fest to ensure that every participant has easy access to them. With Doodie Calls, they’ll supply you with clean portable toilets and prompt, dependable service.
Our conventional portable restrooms are pleasant, well-ventilated, and entirely private. For an extra cost, same-day delivery is available. Doodie Calls is ready to help with all of your portable sanitation needs, from large-scale events attended by over 100,000 people to tiny backyard barbecues.