ADA Freedom Overview
The Freedom has been reengineered for added strength and space, all within a smaller footprint! New features include a vacuum-formed base, reinforced side panels, longer hand rails, molded vents, plastic carrying handles, and a strengthened roof, door frame, closure and latch.
- Every handicap portable toilet is completely wheelchair accessible with an enlarged cabin width of 67” and a depth of 86.5”. That’s roughly 25 square feet larger than our standard porta potty units so your guests can easily maneuver their wheelchairs within them.
- Every handicap portable toilet comes standard with grab bars to aid the end user with navigating around inside the unit and helping to transfer themselves from their wheelchair to the toilet.
- Each handicap portable toilet is designed at ground level, which means you don’t need a ramp to get a wheelchair into the unit. Each unit is also lined with our non-slip floor liner which makes it easier to navigate a wheelchair into the unit, especially during periods of inclement weather.
- Each handicap portable toilet is meticulously cleaned and delivered in like-new condition. Our clean, convenient wheelchair accessible handicap porta potty units go through our meticulous 8-Point Service plan to ensure your restroom rental arrives in pristine condition and is kept sanitary throughout your project.
Handicap Portable Toilet Uses
For construction projects, we usually recommend (1) handicap porta potty for (10) employees over a normal (40) hour work week. It will give site visitors with disabilities the added room needed to navigate comfortably in their wheelchair and give site workers a little extra space to take off tool belts and other gear they may be donning.
For events of any size, the American Disabilities Act (ADA) requires, at a minimum, 5% and no less than one handicap porta potty location. The extra-large cabin space and surrounding grab bars in the interior are designed specifically so that those wheelchair bound or with disabilities can properly maneuver around comfortably and have the support needed to utilize the restroom facilities properly.
Families with small children also welcome the sight of handicap portable toilets because too often they are not crammed into a standard porta potty while assisting a young child who cannot access the restroom alone.
Handicap porta potty rentals have a variety of uses ranging from:
- Sporting Events such as volleyball or golf tournaments
- Recreation Facilities like youth sports complexes, schools or seasonal locations like lakes or beaches.
- Walks, Races, and Obstacle Courses such as 5Ks, charity walks, marathons and more
- Concerts, Parades, and Carnivals at large and small venues as well as state and local level events
- Black Friday, Farmer’s Markets, and Other Special Events
- Construction Projects where they help comply with OSHA and ANSI laws while also making your job site more productive.